14 Year Old Girl Di’es In Sleep After Phone Explodes On Pillow While Charging

A 14-year-old teen from Kazakhstan died after her phone exploded on her pillow during her sleep.

As technology advances, apart from the benefits, society encounters new, unknown problems that need to be dealt with.

While it might initially sound like something perfectly normal, and we do daily, in this case, keeping the phone on the pillow while trying to sleep ended up in a tragedy.

One 14-year-old girl, Alua Asetkyzy Abzalbek from Bastobe, Kazakhstan, died in her sleep after her phone exploded! The girl put her phone on the pillow and listened to music.

It was plugged into a nearby power socket, so when it exploded, it caused a severe injury to the head of the girl, and she died instantly. Alua’s family found her in the morning and called the paramedics. Unfortunately, nothing could be done to help the teen.

The statements were confirmed by forensic experts. After it overheated from charging, the phone, whose brand was not disclosed, exploded. The death of Alua broke the hearts of many. She will be missed.

Sadly, the cause of her death is not as unique as we would all like to believe.

Liliya Novikova, 26 — dubbed Russia’s “most beautiful poker player”, was found dead from a suspected massive electric shock in her bathroom. She was allegedly blow-drying her hair in the bathroom, but at the time, she has been using her mobile.

An ex-soldier from Britain reported that the back of his Android handset ‘flew off and caught fire’ when he tried to manually reset the device. One man in India was being filmed on CCTV when the phone in his pocket blew up and burnt his leg.

Similarly, while she was driving, the phone of one woman in Shanghai’s Minhang district in East China exploded on her car’s dashboard. This was caught on camera too.

Although it may sound like out of a horror movie, a phone explosion can happen more often than you think. And this has been explained by scientists.

First of all, it is not the phone that causes it, but the battery. While most phones use lithium-ion batteries that are usually able to be overcharged safely, a manufacturing default can lead to an explosion.

Plus, constantly overcharging a phone can eventually hinder its performance. Don’t panic yet, as your phone is unlikely to explode, as it has built-in safety features to prevent such accidents.

Yet, in case the battery is damaged or impacted in any way, these features can also be influenced. The battery is probably damaged if it is swollen, deformed, or overheats all the time.

High temperatures and environments, long phone calls, using apps that are demanding for the CPU, charging, and running multiple tabs, can also shorten the life of the battery.

To stay on the safe side, make sure you always remove the phone case while charging, keep it out of direct sunlight or in a hot car for too long, and don’t charge it while it is in a bag.

Moreover, avoid getting the phone wet or damaged, and using the wrong or cheap knockoff chargers.

Source: www.thesun.co.uk

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *