Sarah Jessica Parker, Cynthia Nixon and Kristin Davis have collectively spoken out over the allegations of sexual assault against actor Chris Noth.
The three stars of And Just Like That… posted a joint statement on Monday.
‘We are deeply saddened to hear the allegations against Chris Noth,’ the short announcement began.
‘We support the women who have come forward and shared their painful experiences. We know it must be a very difficult thing to do and we commend them for it.’
Noth’s famed character Mr. Big was killed off in the first episode of the Sex and the City revival, titled And Just Like That…, earlier this month.
Last week, Noth, 67, was accused of rape by two women, who both shared details of their alleged assaults with The Hollywood Reporter — with one of the women saying she was just 22 when Noth, then 49, attacked her and left her needing stitches.
The report led another woman to come forward and accuse Noth of groping her, while actress Zoe Lister-Jones recalled behavior that made her describe him as a ‘predator.’
Both of the accusers in the THR report claimed that Noth had sex with them from behind in front of a mirror, with the first attack allegedly taking place in 2004, while the second reportedly occurred in 2015, three years after Noth married his wife, Tara Wilson, with whom he has two children.
The two women both also allege that the attacks took place in one of Noth’s homes – the first in his Los Angeles apartment and the second in his New York City property – after the actor invited them over.
Both women claim that the recent publicity surrounding the Sex and the City reboot – And Just Like That – ‘stirred painful memories’ of their encounters with Noth, who has featured heavily in the news in the past week as a result of the shock death of his character, Mr. Big, in the first episode of the new series.
In a statement to The Hollywood Reporter, Noth, who has two sons with Wilson – Keats and Orion – admitted that he had ‘consensual encounters’ with the two women in the Hollywood Reporter story, both of which reportedly took place while he was in a relationship with his wife, but he strongly denied any accusations that he assaulted them.
‘The accusations against me made by individuals I met years, even decades, ago are categorically false,’ the statement reads.
‘These stories could’ve been from 30 years ago or 30 days ago — no always means no — that is a line I did not cross. The encounters were consensual.
‘It’s difficult not to question the timing of these stories coming out. I don’t know for certain why they are surfacing now, but I do know this: I did not assault these women
On Friday a third woman came forward and accused Noth of allegedly groping her at a Manhattan restaurant in 2010 when she was 18.
The unnamed 30-year-old Canadian tech executive claimed Noth, then-55, repeatedly groped her while she was working as a hostess at the Da Marino restaurant in Midtown,
She alleges that Noth pulled down her tights and touched and clung onto her so strongly that after she managed to push and kick him away, her ‘limbs hurt in the morning.’
He was also accused of beating and threatening to kill and disfigure his ex-girlfriend, supermodel Beverly Johnson between 1990 and 1995, according to a resurfaced article that was posted online this week.
The bombshells have caused his agency, A3 Artists Agency, to drop him, and a long-time friend of the actor told The Sun that Noth’s wife, Tara Wilson, might not spend Christmas with him.
It also led to him losing a $12 million deal to sell his tequila brand.
Entertainment Arts Research, Inc., a Nevada-based beverage company that often buys into celebrity drink brands, said Sunday that it’s immediately ending discussions to buy Noth’s Ambhar tequila.